Mobil navigation

If you are on a mobile, click "view web version" to see the blog menu!

Sunday, March 31, 2024

Hair Style With G.S. Scarf

 

I have promised to show how I put my hair up in a hairbun and use a braided G.S. scarf as decoration. It's much easier than you might think to put your hair up in a bun! I don't have that much hair anymore, but that's no problem as this hairstyle needs to be a little bohemian and loose!

When the scarf is braided it looks like this!

Make a loop at one end of the scarf. 

The technique is just like crocheting, you pull the long end of the scarf through the first loop, so you get a new loop. Then you repeat it until you reach the end of the scarf.



Slide your fingers through the loop

Pull the scarf through the loop and continue in the same way until you reach the end of the scarf!



When you have reached the end of the scarf, finish by pulling the end of the scarf through the loop without forming a new loop.



I use two kinds of hair elastics for setting up my hair. You will need a large elastic band and three of the small elastic bands.


Start by gathering your hair in a ponytail  with the large elastic band.


Divide the ponytail in two. Put the small hair elastics at the end of them!

Now you split the ponytails and pull the end through twice to twist them.


You now have two twisted ponytails ready to be set up in a bun!


Twist the two twisted ponytails around the big eleastik you started with and fasten the ends by tucking it under the elastic!


Put a small eleastik at one end of your braided scarf so you have a loop you can put down over your hairbun.


Tie the scarf around your hair bun.


You can finish by hiding the scarf ends or you can leave them hanging loosely.

I hope you will have fun trying for yourself!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks! I'm going to have fun trying it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your look and technique, Marianne!!!

    ReplyDelete

April Shopping

For this month I bought some lovely knitwear.  I have bought blue, green, beige and gray colors. My collection of t-shirts is growing, so I&...