Mobil navigation

If you are on a mobile, click "view web version" to see the blog menu!

Saturday, January 27, 2024

Basic G.S. wardrope planing



When you're on a tight budget, you need to plan a little to start building your G.S. wardrobe.

I have $75 to spend every month. This is my entire clothing budget so I have some tough decisions to make! I know some of you have a lot more to spend and others have less!  I decided to share what my budget is so you can follow along as I try to build my G.S. wardrope!

My plan is to start buying some  basic clothes that can be used in many ways together with the more special pieces of clothing. Stripes, polka dots and plain t-shirts, tunics and shirts are the first on my list of clothes to find.

A striped long sleeve t-shirt like in the photo costs almost all the money I have available per month if I buy it at the G.S. store, so it has long prospects if I only buy from new. Fortunately, there are plenty of secondhand G.S. clothes for sale!




My early spring colors was inspired 
by one of my fairy drawings :D


My early spring colors:

  • Navey Blue
  • Light blue
  • purple
  • Coral red
  • Mint green
  • white




My January purchase:

The Carmen dress was a gift. Therefore, it was possible to go $11 over my budget!
I bought the blue Carmen dress on sale at $53

Secondhand I found:
  • Blue boots  $17
  • Blue slip dress $11
  • Purpel scarf  $5
  • In total $86
Photos of me wearing it will come soon!

In february  I have decided that I will look for:
  • T-shirt: red  and with dots 
  • Blue or purple leggigs 
  • Shirt in pink or coral red
  • Long cardigan/jacket in blue
  • T-shirt with red and pink stripes
The ideal would be to find a seller that offers more of the things I'm looking for! 
There is quite a lot of money to be saved on postage if I can get a combined shipment!
I have decided that I will try to find things that are like new or in really good condition! 
So I'm excited to see what I can find and at what price and not spend more than $75! 

I had to show you my orchid!
It is blooming in my kitchen vindow right now!

1 comment:

  1. Are there some good in-line places to look for 2nd hand G.S. clothes? I look at ebay and poshmark regularly, but with shipping added, most items are just too expensive for me!

    ReplyDelete

April Shopping

For this month I bought some lovely knitwear.  I have bought blue, green, beige and gray colors. My collection of t-shirts is growing, so I&...