Mobil navigation

If you are on a mobile, click "view web version" to see the blog menu!

Monday, February 26, 2024

Wardrobe and Cloth Hangers

 

I have followed posts in the "Gudrun Love" FB group about wardrobes. It's fun to see the many ways to organcie it! Some showed a beautiful walk in closet, others showed small wardrobes where space was used to the bursting point. One of the things discussed was how the clothes were organized. 
Some had chosen to organize the clothes according to the colors, others liked that the clothes are put together in sets that are easy to put on in the morning!


One of the things I thought was interesting was the topic of cloth hangers. After all, there are many different types of clothes hangers! I realized that maybe I should check if I should replace my hangers? My hangers are quite ordinary of this type.



My closet doesn't have much room for long dresses and coats. I have many cardigans that get ugly in the shoulders due to hanging on hangers, so I did a little research to find a better way to utilize my closet.

I am not in favor of throwing away things made of plastic, as it can end up in the oceans as waste, therefore I decided not to discard my clothes hangers! Instead I investigated how I can make the best use of my type of hangers! Much to my surprise I found out that my type og hangers can actually solve my problem of getting more space for my maxi dresses! Beyond that, I also found a solution to avoid the ugly bulges that come in the shoulders of my cardigans!


If I hang my dresses like this, I save space in the closet intended for long coats and at the same time the dress does not get ugly in the shoulders from hanging on a hanger.


By folding my cardigans in this way, I avoid the ugly bulges in my shoulders and the longest of them can now hang in the closet intended for the shirt.

Even though I've just cleaned up my closet, I'm starting all over again! I will try to use my cloth hangers in the new way! 


2 comments:

  1. I like the way they folded the sleeves of the sweater on the hanger. That looks like a good idea. I will try that one. I personally got rid of the plastic hangers. It really improved the way things were hung in my closet and also I could get a lot more hangers on the row.
    Good idea blogging about your Gudrun clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thangs ! I have started to replace my plastic hangers with wooden hangers. If my plastic hangers break I take them to destruktion and replace them with wooden hangers.

    ReplyDelete

April Shopping

For this month I bought some lovely knitwear.  I have bought blue, green, beige and gray colors. My collection of t-shirts is growing, so I&...