Mobil navigation

If you are on a mobile, click "view web version" to see the blog menu!

Saturday, January 27, 2024

Finding my G.S. Style




We all have different body types, hair and skin tones and therefore it is important to find out which things will suit you best.

The different seasonal G.S. collections always consist of many colors and patterns, so it can be a bit difficult to choose between the many options!

If you order a catalog from G.S. please notice that there are four types of clothes:
  • Close to the body
  • Normal
  • Spacious
  • Extra spacious
What fit the clothes have is indicated on the sides where all the models are drawn. I'm telling this because I hadn't even discovered it the first time I had to order a dress. 

Much has been written about how to find your body type, so I won't go into that, but you will find a link to a Body Type Calculator in the menu to the right!



In this photo I'm wearing a lovely embroidered cardigan that I bought secondhand online. It is 100% wool and very comfortable! As you can see, I am a woman with a large bust, so there are some clothing styles that I avoid. I don't like clothes that have too many wrinkles across the chest, and I avoid wrinkles in the waist. Wrinkels work very well for me on ruffled skirts and on the sleeves.
I'm only 162 cm/63.77 inches tall, so I often need to have my skirts and pants hemmed to a suitable length.

When I enter my measurements into the Body Type calculator, I get the result that my body type is hourglass. My challenge will be figuring out how to get that nice layered look that I think is so fun!


In the winter catalog 2023 G.S. gives some tips on how to mix patterns! I know that paper catalogs has been critisized, because of the climate changes, but I find it very helpfull! The photos in the catalog are better than the photos in the online shop!

If you didn't get the 2023 winter catalog I have a link to Stitch Fix where you can find a guide on how to mix prints and patterns.

If you are on a mobile, click "view web version" to see the blog menu!
 

I only spent 25$ on the cardigan!
I will get into how my budget works in another post











No comments:

Post a Comment

April Shopping

For this month I bought some lovely knitwear.  I have bought blue, green, beige and gray colors. My collection of t-shirts is growing, so I&...