Mobil navigation

If you are on a mobile, click "view web version" to see the blog menu!

Monday, March 4, 2024

Changing The Design of a Pair of G.S. Overalls

I am going to change the design of these G.S. overalls? 
I would like to sew some elastic ribbon into the back so they will give more shape in the waist.  I also want to make the legs more narrow. They would still have some wide in the legs, but it has to fit my height. The pants are almost full length on me, but I would like to be able to roll up the legs in the summer, so perpaps it would be fun to add a lining with a G.S. pattern to the inside of the legs. I could cut up a G.S. shopping bag and use the fabric for the lining.

For this projcet I am inspired by The Ruby Overalls from Helen’s Closet, they features an elasticated back that creates shaping at the waist, and I would love that!

More about the makeover of the overalls in next blog post!
















No comments:

Post a Comment

April Shopping

For this month I bought some lovely knitwear.  I have bought blue, green, beige and gray colors. My collection of t-shirts is growing, so I&...